There are four (4) steps in creating a desktop shortcut on a Windows based computer. The procedure is almost identical on a Mac, but the images are slightly different.
Step 1: See image below the text
- Right click in any empty space on your computer desktop - a popup menu appears
- Left click on New, then left click on Shortcut
Step 2: See image below the text
- After clicking on Shortcut above a New Shortcut icon will appear as well a new menu with an address bar
- Type or paste "http://the-westwood-wire.info" into the address bar
- Click on Next
Step 3: See image below the text
- Give the new Shortcut a name (i.e. The Westwood Wire)
- Click on Finish
Step 4: See image below the text
- The new desktop Shortcut icon will appear on your desktop along with the text The Westwood Wire
- Double click on the icon to open The Westwood Wire in your Internet browser.
This desktop shortcut icon is for a Google Chrome browser, the appearance will be somewhat different for a Mozilla Firefox or an Internet Explorer browser
If you have any problems using this procedure, please use the Contact form to let us know,
just click on Contact
Note: This procedure is also available in a PDF format, clicking on Download File (below) will open the PDF file in a new window. It can then be printed or downloaded to your own computer.
Click on Download File to open in a new window, back button to return: